Geography is unique! At Queen Anne High School we believe geography is a very special subject. It offers a wide range and combination of skills including: –
- Interpreting graphs, maps, photographs and tables
- Evaluating arguments
- Gathering information from a variety of sources
- Processing information from raw data
- Problem solving and making decisions
- Observing and recording through fieldwork in a practical environment
- Extending writing when presenting findings from gathering and observing processes.
- Geography makes a major contribution to our physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Geographical knowledge, concepts and skills are essential components of a broad and balanced curriculum.
- All students who would like to study geography beyond the statutory curriculum should be given the opportunity to do so
- Appropriate curriculum time must be allocated to the teaching and learning of geography for all young people
- All those who teach geography should have the subject specific knowledge, understanding and skills to do so
- All who teach geography are entitled to regular, high quality subject-specific continuing professional development
- Geography should be challenging, topical, motivating and fun